McREL Power Walkthrough
Power teacher development with proven methods.
Are your teacher observations and assessments leading to real teacher improvement?
If you’re not seeing active professional development from your teachers (which is the point of all your efforts, after all), then you may be using the wrong system to assess, guide, and motivate teachers in your school or district.
The problem with most teacher assessment software systems is that they:
- Don’t base their methods, rubrics, or, if they even have them, action plans, on tested-and-proven research.
- Confine forms to pre-built templates, limiting your ability to fix unique weaknesses specific to your school’s/district’s/teacher’s needs.
- Complicate reports on summative progress, making it difficult to pinpoint areas where development is needed.
Teacher assessment tools like these hinder teacher effectiveness and, as a result, student achievement suffers.
Fortunately, you can improve your teachers’ performances by improving the way you observe, assess, and coach them.
It all starts with McREL’s Power Walkthrough.
Not Your Standard “Teacher Grader” Tool
McREL Power Walkthrough is the research-based observation-and-teacher-assessment software designed to quickly and effectively provide substantive feedback to teachers in order to show them clearly how to improve on their weaknesses and bolster their strengths in the classroom.
With McREL Power Walkthrough, you can improve teacher achievement by:
- Basing teacher development action plans on trusted, proven strategies from McREL’s popular books, Classroom Instruction that Works, 2nd Edition (CITW) and Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works, 2nd Edition.
- Saving time with a system designed to turn a five-minute observation into an accurate, detailed, and measurable assessment from which to learn, take action, and grow professionally.
- Tailoring your observations, assessments, and coaching to your unique teachers with customizable form templates based on research and proven methods.
- Organizing your efforts with a comprehensive system for gathering, storing, and using data effectively to help your teachers reach their full professional potential, all in a single, easy-to-use dashboard with detailed reports from which you will glean powerful insights.
- Intuitive dashboard for simple navigation
- Research-based templates
- Online and offline-mobile-app options
- Detailed summative reporting
- McREL EmpowerED suite-integration
- Easily share reports for collaboration.
- Get straight to the data you care about with flexible, drill-down search.
- Create easy-to-read charts and graphs in your reports to show:
- Which CITW strategies teachers are using.
- The ways teachers/students are using classroom technology to teach/learn.
- How well students understand their own learning goals.