McREL EmpowerED Suite
Power teacher development with proven coaching methods and tools.
Are your classroom observations leading to real teacher improvement?
If you’re not seeing active professional practices from your teachers (which is the point of all your professional learning efforts, after all), then you may be using the wrong system to guide, coach, and motivate teachers in your school or district.
The problem with most teacher observation software systems is that they:
- Don’t base their methods, rubrics, or action plans on tested-and-proven research.
- Confine forms to pre-built templates, limiting your ability to observe and provide valuable coaching feedback on unique “look-fors” and initiatives that are specific to your teachers’ needs.
- Complicate reports on summative progress, making it difficult to pinpoint areas where professional development is needed.
Classroom observation tools like these hinder teacher effectiveness and, as a result, student achievement suffers.
Fortunately, as an instructional coach, teacher mentor, or school leader, you can help improve instruction by improving the way you observe, coach, and support your teachers.
It all starts with McREL’s Power Walkthrough, the centerpiece of McREL’s EmpowerED Suite.
Proven, Research-Based Teacher Observation Software
More Than Just a “Teacher Grader” Tool
Part of the McREL EmpowerED Suite, McREL Power Walkthrough is the research-based classroom observation software designed to quickly and effectively gather classroom data and provide instant and formative feedback to teachers to inform practice and bolster their strengths in the classroom.
With McREL Power Walkthrough, you can improve instruction by:
- Basing teacher development action plans on trusted, proven strategies from McREL’s popular books, Classroom Instruction that Works and Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works.
- Saving time with a system designed to turn a five-minute observation into accurate, detailed, and measurable data from which to learn, coach, collaborate, take action, and grow professionally.
- Tailoring your observations and coaching to your unique teachers with customizable form templates based on research and proven methods.
- Organizing your efforts with a comprehensive system for gathering, storing, and using data effectively to help your teachers reach their full professional potential, all in a single, easy-to-use dashboard with detailed reports from which you will glean powerful insights.
Plus: Boost the effectiveness of McREL Power Walkthrough to even greater levels when purchased as part of the complete McREL EmpowerED Suite.
- Intuitive dashboard for simple navigation
- Research-based templates
- Online and offline-mobile-app options
- Detailed summative reporting
- McREL EmpowerED Suite integration (including Coaching, Reflection, and Survey applications)
- Easily share reports for collaboration.
- Get straight to the data you care about with flexible, drill-down search.
- Create easy-to-read charts and graphs in your reports to show:
MORE EmpowerED Suite Tools
Harness the power of video for instructional coaching, peer feedback, self-reflection, and mentoring with the EmpowerED Coaching app.
- Record classroom video or allow teachers to record themselves.
- Share video with individuals or teams.
- Develop common vocabulary to aid in professional dialogue and growth.
- Facilitate collaborative group mentoring with peer observations, coaching, and learning.
Leverage insightful surveys to gather feedback from staff, parents, students, and other school community members with the EmpowerED Survey app.
- Quickly develop and customize questions and communications.
- Automatically compile results into reports that are easy to read and share.
- Reveal important aspects of school climate to help guide improvement efforts.
Help teachers to self-reflect on their instruction and use of strategies with the EmpowerED Reflection app.
- Guide teachers with convenient templates based on McREL’s renowned books, Classroom Instruction that Works and The 12 Touchstones of Good Teaching.
- Enable teacher collaboration with coaches or peers.
- Develop SMART goals and actions plans to help track professional growth.